Search Here


What are carbon monoxide symptoms?

Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas created by combustion reactions such as those that occur in gasoline engines, lanterns, gas ranges and heating systems, explains the Centers for Disease Control. Carbon monoxide can build up in a closed space, and people present in that space breathe it into their lungs. Red blood cells are designed to pick up oxygen and carry it to the body's cells, but when carbon monoxide is present in the lungs, the red blood cells pick up carbon monoxide molecules faster than they can pick up oxygen. This prevents the body's tissues from getting the oxygen that they need, leading to tissue destruction and sometimes even death.


Search Here

Related Information

*Disclaimer: All information on this site is intended for entertainment purposes. This content is not guaranteed and results may vary person to person.